[Today’s post is preceded by a minor rant.]
There’s something really scary about a 4-year-old with a temperature of 104.6º.
It’s even worse when you also have a 2-year-old running a 102º fever, an 8-month-old at 101.5º, three fussy “big boys”, and a grumpy Peruvian (not to mention the wounded cat and forthcoming vet bill).
But the worst part is watching their personalities change with this mysterious illness and knowing that there’s nothing you can do about it. Nothing the doctors will do.
Prayer is our only option at this point. And, quite frankly, even that seems futile.
See, I know God hears me, and I believe He can heal us, but it just doesn’t feel like He wants to. I guess I need a serious faith re-alignment.
Or at least an hour or two (consecutive or not) of sleep.
[end rant. On to business.]
1. My most favorite “little thing” is Dove dark chocolate with almonds.
2. I give anything to take a long, hot shower alone in a freshly cleaned bathroom, with my favorite music playing and no one knocking on (or coming through) the door.
3. I can’t believe that my whole family is still sick!
4. The one thing I’d like to achieve today is …only one? My to-do list is pages long! I suppose my main goal today should be… brushing my teeth. If I do nothing else today, I’d like to at last brush my teeth.
5. The last thing I want to do today is have anyone come to my embarrassingly filthy house.
6. If I were writing my own blank today, it would say: “My favorite Christmas tradition is________________.
7. My favorite candle scent is a toss-up between pumpkin spice and warm apple pie from the cheap brand at Wal-Mart. I really don’t know why anyone would pay extra for anything else.