It’s been another crazy week, and boy am I glad it’s Friday! On Monday, I had a sick five year old. On Wednesday, my eight year old was sent home from school and the baby suddenly got a fever. Yesterday, we were ALL home, feeling like poo, wishing we could sleep instead of making multiple phone calls to cancel our pre-arranged appointments (that last part may have just been me). And as I was typing the last sentence, the school called to say that the oldest needs picked up again today. Thank goodness for wonderful in-laws who drive! Anywho, I need this few minutes of fun today, so blanks, here I come!
1. Something popular that I can’t stand/just don’t “get” is LOLcatz. They drive me batty. I mean, I can get over the cute furbaby issue (though I don’t relate), but the grammar makes me want to scream!
2. Something unpopular that I secretly love is um… I dunno. Christian metal from the early 1990s? I’m not well enough in touch with what’s “cool” to know if the things I like are “uncool”. And, seeing as I’m awesome and all, there’s really no need to keep any of it a secret.
3. When I’ve had a bad day I spend a little too long in the bathroom with Shirley Hugh (that’s my Kindle, you naughty reader) or play a word game with Esther (my computer).
4. I’d prefer a live rock concert to a movie any day.
5. Something that makes me nervous is knowing that I’ll “honored” in front of a bunch of people and recorded speaking next month.
6. Something worth fighting for is the right to equal treatment for all humans. I believe that, in God’s eyes, we are all the same. Therefore we should all have the same rights and opportunities, whether we’re rich or poor, colored or pale, born or unborn, male or female.
7. When people think of me, I hope they think of how faithful our God is to have gotten me through the dregs of life in which I once lived and bring me to a place contentment. I hope they find love, joy, and peace and that their thoughts of me lead them to the cross.