1. My most favorite birthday was my 15th. My parents took me to New York City by train, shopping at Macy’s, and to see Les Miserables on Broadway. When we got home, there was a 1980 camero waiting outside for me. Best. Birthday. EVER!
2. My worst birthday was my 22nd. We went to Hershey Park (I don’t like amusement parks) with my parents, three of my brothers, one brother’s girlfriend and their baby. I had a 2 yr old and a 5 month old at the time. It was super hot, I got stuck with all the babies most of the time, and the day ended in the ER after my 2yr old fell off a bench and split his chin open. Happy birthday to me =(
3. My favorite birthday memory is seeing my dad (a stoic Marine) cry tears of joy when ValJean was forgiven in Les Mis.
4. The best birthday present I’ve ever received was hmm. My Kindle?
5. The best birthday present I’ve ever given was for my dad’s 60th. I managed to get all five of his living children and all the grandkids together for a surprise party. It was the first and last time they’ve had all five of us in a building together since the early 2000’s. (I’m working on making it happen again, but this time we’ll have to rent a banquet hall or something!)
6. Birthdays are not as exciting once you’re a parent, and hard to make fun in my house. Four of the boys were born in January, so money is tight during “birthday month” here. But I still love to let each kid choose their own special menu and rule the TV for a day.
7. My favorite age so far has been 4-5. We lived in Colombia, and I spent the entire time barefoot. I literally played in the jungle and rolled in the pigsty, ran from poisonous snakes, played with 5lb toads, learned how to work on a farm. I also got to see a witchdoctor converted to Christianity and hid from Guerillas on Christmas. Total awesomeness!