1. My favorite color is rainbow. My absolute favs vary between red, purple, pink, black and green – depending on my mood and what’s getting the color.
2. My travel destination of choice is travel? I get to travel?! Pre-kids, I loved any road trip or plane ride. Europe is awesome (especially southern Spain) and I am infatuated with northern Africa. I’d also love to go back to Colombia someday. If I could choose anywhere to go right now, though, I’d probably tour Italy, since I’ve never been.
3. My favorite food is garlic. Does that count as a food?
4. My happy place is at my desk, alone, with music playing and nothing on its surface but my Bible, a notebook or two, a glass of water, and my favorite pens.
5. My favorite saying is “Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy” (Albert Einstein). There are many deeper quotes that I love, too, but this one makes me smile every time.
6. My dirty little secret is I don’t always wash my hands after going to the bathroom. Now don’t get all upset at me – I have a reason. Kinda. You see, I have VERY sensitive, VERY dry skin. So if I’ve only peed and I know I have to get my hands dirty again soon, I’ll skip the washing until after I do the next dirty job: starting a load of laundry, changing a poopy diaper, etc.
7. Something friends might say about me is that I am relentless. Apparently my sister-in-law thinks that’s a good thing. (I couldn’t come up with anything on my own, and she was the only one that replied to my question on facebook.)