I got through half the day today before I realized it was Friday. Summer will do that to you, I guess. When I finally figured out what day of the week it was, I had to fix lunch. And then it was time to get the kids to settle down in their rooms for a while so I could do some real work. That didn’t happen, because the phone rang, and every parent knows how kids react to Mommy being on the phone: chaos.
So now that Friday’s almost over and all my mommying work is done for the day (early bedtime – they were that bad), I really want to fill in some blanks…
- I am a (morning, evening, middle of the day person) late evening/early morning person.
- My favorite Pandora stations are Marcos Witt, Pop/Hair Metal, Les Miserables, JesusandMe, Accapella, and Simon and Garfunkel. Unless I’m working on a research paper, in which case I listen to techno or drum & bass.
- Three of my “must-have” songs for a road trip playlist are “You May Be Right” by Billy Joel (our song), “The Final Countdown” by Europe (the kids’ favorite), and… um…something else catchy?
- My favorite pattern is damask, paisley, or anything that resembles a medieval Islamic mosaic.
- My favorite perfume is Vick’s vapor rub.
- Rules are subject to interpretation.
- My most overused phrase or punctuation is hard to peg, since my favorite book in jr. high was the thesaurus. But I am very much guilty of overusing conjunctions.