To join the fun, visit The Little Things We Do, then comment and let me know you did!
1. I love books because they’re my friends. Sounds super cheesy, i know, but I’ve always felt most comforted when surrounded by books. There’s just something about the written word that speaks to my soul. I love paper and ink, and books are full of them! Also, its nice to escape to another world, like a mini-vacation, any time I want, just by opening a book.
2. A time that mama knew best was when she told me I shouldn’t say that I would “never” have kids. I always despised small children, and now look at me!
3. My first kiss went a little like this: I was waiting in line to go on the slide at preschool (I was 3), when Todd (he was 5!) grabbed me and pulled me under the slide. He gave me a quick peck on the lips, smiled, and ran away.
4. My celebrity crush is hmmm… I really don’t know. Alex and I joke about who the one person with whom we’d be aloud to cheat on each other might be. I forget who he picked, but I remember saying Omar Epps; and then I looked at the guy’s eyes. Creepy. So I’ll have to find someone new.
5. My splurge of choice is gifts for the kids. I’m not usually a big spender on unnecessary things. But when it comes Christmas shopping time, I stretch the budget WAY beyond its limits.
6. My biggest accomplishment is …my first thought is “my children,” which seems like a good answer. But it’s not quite true. My biggest accomplishment thus far has been keeping my faith in God, even when it seemed like there was no one out there looking after me. Now, don’t get me wrong – I yelled at Him plenty. I felt hopeless at times, when it got really bad. But I always believed He would work things out somehow. And He has never let me down.
7. My dance jam of choice is …I don’t dance. But I am a sucker for “Monster Mash” and will sing along loudly each time it comes on.
Now it’s your turn!